Tuesday 14 October 2014

Dragon Age: Origins Was Free, But No Longer.

For me, the Dragon Age series has always felt like the one that got away.

On paper it seems right up my alley, but every time I've tried to play either the original or its sequel I've fallen at the first hurdle, turned off by slow character development and tedious fetch quests. I'm sure that I'd grow to love both of them with a little perseverance, but after so many false starts, I've little appetite to go through the motions again.

Thankfully, the upcoming Dragon Age Inquisition looks far more like what I guess I've always wanted the series to be: a fantasy Mass Effect.  I had written a short piece on the fact that EA were giving away the original Dragon Age as part of their 'On The House' initiative, but that seems to no longer be the case.

Here's hoping that any cash-strapped RPG and/or fantasy buffs got in while they had the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment